Kitchen Trends You’ll Love in 2019!
Is a gorgeous new kitchen or stylish bespoke joinery on your wishlist for this year?
Here’s the hottest trends that Prime Kitchens forecast for 2019:
In 2019, we’re seeing a growing interest in kitchens that feature a strong base colour such as white, charcoal, black, navy and blush.
- Charcoal, deep blue, warm whites and alabasters
- Natural colour palettes – whites, woods, blacks and greys
- Blacks very popular in the matt finish
The focus on design this year is all about layering textures and using natural materials to create visual interest.
- Solid timber benchtops and engineered stones that closely imitate nature
- Herringbone is very on trend, but bagged brick and subway remain popular
- Layering of black and timber for a strong nod to industrial
This year in cabinetry, we’re seeing a rise in matt and soft touch fingerprint-less acrylic, as well as embossed or textured finishes.
- High gloss, embossed or textured finishes
- Matt, soft touch fingerprint-less finishes
- Handle-less and recessed handles feature strongly
Solid surface acrylic benchtops are really growing in popularity, and 60% of bench tops manufactured in Europe are now acrylic.
- 20 and 30mm solid surface benchtops
- Dual material and layered benchtops – such as solid timber and stone – to create raised bar leaners add interest
- Honed stone benchtops, which offer a silky touch and non-reflective matt surface
Consider the increasing use of modern technology in the heart of the home, including charging plugs, task lighting, smart appliances and customised space to work on your laptop or tablet.
- Built in power charges and areas for laptop use
- Benchtops and drawers integrated into pantries
- LED strip lighting is a must for features and or task lighting
Come and see Prime Kitchens at the Christchurch Home Show (22 – 24 March) and see how they can bring your vision to life!
Offering expertise in affordable, on-trend and highly functional kitchens, pantries, laundries, robes and feature shelving solutions, Prime Kitchens specialises in individually customised solutions for all areas of your home. Their qualified and experienced designers will consider your budget, space and how your family uses your home, while integrating the latest technology and gorgeous design trends. Come and see them on Stand 114 at the Christchurch Home Show.
Ready, Set, Renovate! For more expert advice, ideas and the right products to complete your home improvement projects, make sure you visit the upcoming Christchurch Home Show, 22-24 March at Horncastle Arena, Addington. There’s hundreds of products and services on display from 140+ quality home building and renovating businesses.
See www.christchurchhomeshow.co.nz to book your tickets and for more info!